Wednesday, September 26, 2012

FALLS BOUNTY BEEF STEW


Ok.  Don’t laugh.  Alright, you can laugh a little – only because I am.  Maybe you’ve done this too?  Back in the day, when Aaron and I were first married – I would make Nally’s Big Chunk Beef Stew – and I LOVED it.  That’s so gross.  Don’t judge.  It was 1999 and I didn’t know any better.  If I remember correctly, I would make Jiffy’s cornbread to go with. 

We were a young couple, freshly married and ready to conquer the world.  We started our home building business and had our first baby girl named Trinity.  Aaron was on a jobsite or in the office all day and I’d be home taking care of lil’ miss.   Life was great.  And Big Chunk Beef Stew is what I would serve my hard working husband when he got home.

 And we LOVED it.  

Fast track 13 years.  Knowing what we know now, about our food industry and the benefits of eating local and in season – Paleo-fying Big Chunk Beef Stew was a must. This crockpot meal utilizes falls bounty, made with large hearty chunks of vegetables and meat. 

BONUS:  Buying your produce local and in season has great benefits to your wallet and your health. 

FALL’S BOUNTY BEEF STEW

4 cups Chicken Broth

2 cups Red Wine

1 small can Tomato Paste

3-4 lbs. 100% grass-fed Beef Stew Meat

1 Yam, peeled and chopped

1 large Onion, chopped.

4 Carrots, peeled and chopped

6 celery stock, sliced

8 Mushrooms, chopped

2 Bay Leaves

2 sprigs of fresh Thyme

Salt & Pepper

It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3……!!  In a crock pot, stir chicken broth, wine and tomato paste until combined.  Add all remaining ingredients.  Cover.  Cook on low 7 hours.
 

Whala!! A tasty meal awaits. Pour into large bowls, let cool a minute or two before serving.


 

Enjoy this hearty meal with a glass of your favorite red wine.

From my kitchen, to yours…. Enjoy!
~ Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment