I love busting this recipe out when we have guests. It’s easy enough to prepare while holding a conversation AND you’ll WOW!! just about anyone when you light your dish on fire!! Not to mention, the gorgeous flavors that intertwines from onions and bacon, wine and brandy, chicken and herbs. Sensational. Mouthwatering. Straight from heaven, right to your kitchen.
4 Tbsp. pastured butter
2 yellow onions, halved and sliced10 strips bacon, cut in ½ inch strips
3-4 lbs. chicken thighs
3-4 Tbsp. coconut flour
3 Tbsp. Brandy
1 C. red wine
1 C. chicken stock
4 cloves of garlic, minced
4 sprigs of thyme
4 sprigs of parsley
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp. pastured butter
2 C. mushroom, cut into quarters
1) Over medium heat, melt 4 Tbsps. butter in a large frying pan or dutch oven and sauté onion and bacon for 10 minutes.
1) Remove bacon and onion from pan and set aside.
2) Add chicken to pan and brown on all sides, sprinkling coconut flour to coat evenly.
3) Remove pan from heat. Pour brandy over chicken and immediately light on fire. Flame will burn out quickly.
4) Add onion and bacon to the chicken, pour in wine and chicken broth. Toss in garlic, thyme, parsley, bay leaves, salt and pepper and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover and turn heat down to low. Simmer 45 minutes.
5) 15 minutes before chicken is done, melt 1 Tbsp. butter over medium heat in a small frying pan, sauté mushrooms until browned (5-8 minutes). Toss mushrooms into the chicken, simmer a few minutes, allowing the sauce to be absorbed.
Take your time enjoying this exquisite dish. Serve with a veggie of choice and pair with your favorite wine.
There are plenty of things to fuss about in life – food should not be one of them.
From my kitchen, to yours …. Enjoy!